Providing Legal Help to Victims of Bicycle Accidents in Chicagoland
Just like other vehicles, bicycle riders are subject to the rules of the road. But, for many cyclists, the reality of getting injured is not a highly anticipated event. So when accidents do occur they can be devastating, causing the rider to loose the ability and the desire to ride.
As personal injury attorneys, Kavathas and Castanes know and understand Illinois bike law and are ready to fight for you. Here are some of the facts that we can help you determine when we evaluate on your case:
- Determine whether or not you are covered by the specific statutes for bicycle riders
- Identify whether or not your municipality allows bicycle riders on local sidewalks
- Analyze the safety of the bicycle paths you used
- Determine if there is coverage from the at fault parties homeowners policy
Here at Kavathas and Castanes, we have handled a number of bicycle accidents. By working closely with our clients, we have successfully tried 95% of our cases, and can do the same for you. We will begin by analyzing your case and providing you with advice on how best to move forward from your accident and get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Kavathas and Castanes to schedule your free no obligation consultation. Call 312-332-1700 or complete the form on this page.
Facts You Should Know Bicycle Accidents
Riding your bicycle is an enjoyable and healthy form of exercise and transportation. And for many who always ride in the direction of traffic, use bike lanes, and obey traffic signals, bicycling accidents are rarely the fault of the cyclist.
If you or a loved one suffers a bicycle accident in Chicago or it’s surrounding suburbs it is important that you do the following:
- Call 911
- Wait for the police to arrive to file an official bicycle accident report
- Get the business card of the police officer
- Leave your bike in the same condition it was in after the accident
- Take pictures of the bicycles/vehicles involved
- Obtain the contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
- Get the name and contact information of the other cyclist or driver along with their insurance information
- Take photos of injuries and seek medical attention if necessary
- Seek legal representation
Our Promise to You
Sam Kavathas and Ted Castanes have a wealth of experience when it comes to Illinois bike law and personal injury resulting from bicycle accidents. As Chicago’s leading personal injury attorneys, we can determine whether you have a good case to obtain a recovery.
We are here to evaluate your case, answer your questions, and provide you with legal representation. We will get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact our office or complete the form on this page to schedule your free no obligation case evaluation – 312-332-1700.