Legal Representation for Victims of Boating Accidents in and Around Chicago
Boating is a favorite pastime for residents of Chicago and the surrounding area. In addition to boating, many of Chicago’s residents actively participate in water sports. While fun on our beautiful lakes and waterways doesn’t often lead to injury or death, accidents are a startling reality for more than 115 boaters each and every year.
According to a boating accident report by the DNR of Illinois, more than 150 vessels are involved in accidents every year on average. Of those boating accidents, on average, 73 result in injury and 27 are fatal.
While weather can play a part in boating accidents, most personal injuries and fatalities are the result of a boater’s negligence. The most common causes of boating accidents include the following:
- Intoxicated boaters
- Violations of boat safety
- Unlicensed or inexperienced boaters
- Reckless boating
Here at Kavathas and Castanes, we know how devastating boating accidents can be. We are on your side and we are here to provide you with advice and legal representation necessary to help you move on from your accident and get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Kavathas and Castanes to schedule your free no obligation consultation.
Call 312-332-1700 or complete the form on this page. We don’t collect any fees unless you win!
Facts You Should Know About Boating Accidents
If you or a loved one has been injured in a boating accident, it’s comforting to know that there is usually coverage from the at fault boat owners’ insurance policy. In order to obtain this compensation, it is important that you do the following:
- Call 911 or contact the coast guard
- Wait for the authorities to arrive to file an official boating accident report
- Take photographs of the boats and the accident if possible
- Obtain the contact information of anyone who witnessed the boating accident
- Get statements from witnesses
- Obtain a copy of the accident report
- Take photos of injuries and seek medical attention if necessary
- Contact an attorney to make sure your rights are protected and the case is handled properly from the start
Our Promise to You
Sam Kavathas and Ted Castanes have 30 years of experience trying personal injury cases. We are very well versed in the laws for boating safety and can determine whether you have a good case to obtain a recovery. We are here to evaluate your case, answer your questions, and provide you with legal representation. We do not collect any feels unless you win.
Contact our office or complete the form on this page to schedule your free no obligation case evaluation – 312-332-1700.